VEL LAPIDIS LAZULI
Frater Alion ∴
PROLOGUE OF THE UNBORN
- Into my loneliness comes —
- The sound of a flute in dim groves that haunt the uttermost hills.
- Even from the brave river they reach to the edge of the wilderness.
- And I behold Pan.
- The snows are eternal above, above —
- And their perfume smokes upward into the nostrils of the stars.
- But what have I to do with these?
- To me only the distant flute, the abiding vision of Pan.
- On all sides Pan to the eye, to the ear;
- The perfume of Pan pervading, the taste of him utterly filling my mouth, so that the tongue breaks forth into a weird and monstrous speech.
- The embrace of him intense on every centre of pain and pleasure.
- The sixth interior sense aflame with the inmost self of Him,
- Myself flung down the precipice of being
- Even to the abyss, annihilation.
- An end to loneliness, as to all.
- Pan! Pan! Io Pan! Io Pan!
- My God, how I love Thee!
- With the vehement appetite of a beast I hunt Thee through the Universe.
- Thou art standing as it were upon a pinnacle at the edge of some fortifed city. I am a white bird, and perch upon Thee.
- Thou art My Lover: I see Thee as a nymph with her white limbs stretched by the spring.
- She lies upon the moss; there is none other but she:
- Art Thou not Pan?
- I am He. Speak not, O my God! Let the work be accomplished in silence.
- Let my cry of pain be crystallized into a little white fawn to run away into the forest!
- Thou art a centaur, O my God, from the violet-blossoms that crown Thee to the hoofs of the horse.
- Thou art harder than tempered steel; there is no diamond beside Thee.
- Did I not yield this body and soul?
- I woo thee with a dagger drawn across my throat.
- Let the spout of blood quench Thy blood-thirst, O my God!
- Thou art a little white rabbit in the burrow Night.
- I am greater than the fox and the hole.
- Give me Thy kisses, O Lord God!
- The lightning came and licked up the little flock of sheep.
- There is a tongue and a flame; I see that trident walking over the sea.
- A phoenix hath it for its head; below are two prongs. They spear the wicked.
- I will spear Thee, O Thou little grey god, unless Thou beware!
- From the grey to the gold; from the gold to that which is beyond the gold of Ophir.
- My God! but I love Thee!
- Why hast Thou whispered so ambiguous things? Wast Thou afraid, O goat-hoofed One, O horned One, O pillar of lightning?
- From the lightning fall pearls; from the pearls black specks of nothing.
- I based all on one, one on naught.
- Afloat in the aether, O my God, my God!
- O Thou great hooded sun of glory, cut off these eyelids!
- Nature shall die out; she hideth me, closing mine eyelids with fear, she hideth me from My destruction, O Thou open eye.
- O ever-weeping One!
- Not Isis my mother, nor Osiris my self; but the incestuous Horus given over to Typhon, so may I be!
- There thought; and thought is evil.
- Pan! Pan! Io Pan! it is enough.
- Fall not into death, O my soul! Think that death is the bed into which you are falling!
- O how I love Thee, O my God! Especially is there a vehement parallel light from infinity, vilely diffracted in the haze of this mind.
- I love Thee. I love Thee. I love Thee.
- Thou art a beautiful thing whiter than a woman in the column of this vibration.
- I shoot up vertically like an arrow, and become that Above.
- But it is death, and the flame of the pyre.
- Ascend in the flame of the pyre, O my soul! Thy God is like the cold emptiness of the utmost heaven, into which thou radiatest thy little light.
- When Thou shall know me, O empty God, my flame shall utterly expire in Thy great N. O. X.
- What shalt Thou be, my God, when I have ceased to love Thee?
- A worm, a nothing, a niddering knave!
- But Oh! I love Thee.
- I have thrown a million flowers from the basket of the Beyond at Thy feet, I have anointed Thee and Thy Staff with oil and blood and kisses.
- I have kindled Thy marble into life — ay! into death.
- I have been smitten with the reek of Thy mouth, that drinketh never wine but life.
- How the dew of the Universe whitens the lips!
- Ah! trickling flow of the stars of the mother Supernal, begone!
- I Am She that should come, the Virgin of all men.
- I am a boy before Thee, O Thou satyr God.
- Thou wilt inflict the punishment of pleasure — Now! Now! Now!
- Io Pan! Io Pan! I love Thee. I love Thee.
- O my God, spare me!
- Now! It is done! Death.
- I cried aloud the word — and it was a mighty spell to bind the Invisible, an enchantment to unbind the bound; yea, to unbind the bound.
- O my God! use Thou me again, alway. For ever! For ever!
- That which came fire from Thee cometh water from me; let therefore Thy Spirit lay hold on me, so that my right hand loose the lightning.
- Travelling through space, I saw the onrush of two galaxies, butting each other and goring like bulls upon earth. I was afraid.
- Thus they ceased fight, and turned upon me, and I was sorely crushed and torn.
- I had rather have been trampled by the World-Elephant.
- O my God! Thou art my little pet tortoise!
- Yet Thou sustainest the World-Elephant.
- I creep under Thy carapace, like a lover into the bed of his beautiful; I creep in, and sit in Thine heart, as cubby and cosy as may be.
- Thou shelterest me, that I hear not the trumpeting of that World-Elephant.
- Thou art not worth an obol in the agora; yet Thou art not to be bought at the ransom of the whole Universe.
- Thou art like a beautiful Nubian slave leaning her naked purple against the green pillars of marble that are above the bath.
- Wine jets from her black nipples.
- I drank wine awhile agone in the house of Pertinax. The cup-boy favoured me, and gave me of the right sweet Chian.
- There was a Doric boy, skilled in feats of strength, an athlete. The full moon fled away angrily down the wrack. Ah! but we laughed.
- I was pernicious drunk, O my God! Yet Pertinax brought me to the bridal.
- I had a crown of thorns for all my dower.
- Thou art like a goat’s horn from Astor, O Thou God of mine, gnarl’d and crook’d and devilish strong.
- Colder than all the ice of all the glaciers of the Naked Mountain was the wine it poured for me.
- A wild country and a waning moon.
Clouds scudding over the sky.
A circuit of pines, and of tall yews beyond.
Thou in the midst!
- O all ye toads and cats, rejoice! Ye slimy things, come hither!
- Dance, dance to the Lord our God!
- He is he! He is he! He is he!
- Why should I go on?
- Why? Why? comes the sudden cackle of a million imps of hell.
- And the laughter runs.
- But sickens not the Universe; but shakes not the stars.
- God! how I love Thee!
- I am walking in an asylum; all the men and women about me are insane.
- Oh madness! madness! madness! desirable art thou!
- But I love Thee, O God!
- These men and women rave and howl; they froth out folly.
- I begin to be afraid. I have no check; I am alone. Alone. Alone.
- Think, O God, how I am happy in Thy love.
- O marble Pan! O false leering face! I love Thy dark kisses, bloody and stinking! O marble Pan! Thy kisses are like sunlight on the blue AEgean; their blood is the blood of the sunset over Athens; their stink is like a garden of Roses of Macedonia.
- I dreamt of sunset and roses and vines; Thou wast there, O my God, Thou didst habit Thyself as an Athenian courtesan, and I loved Thee.
- Thou art no dream, O Thou too beautiful alike for sleep and waking!
- I disperse the insane folk of the earth; I walk alone with my little puppets in the garden.
- I am Gargantuan great; yon galaxy is but the smoke-ring of mine incense.
- Burn Thou strange herbs, O God!
- Brew me a magic liquor, boys, with your glances!
- The very soul is drunken.
- Thou art drunken, O my God, upon my kisses.
- The Universe reels; Thou hast looked upon it.
- Twice, and all is done.
- Come, O my God, and let us embrace!
- Lazily, hungrily, ardently, patiently; so will I work.
- There shall be an End.
- O God! O God!
- I am a fool to love Thee; Thou art cruel, Thou withholdest Thyself.
- Come to me now! I love Thee! I love Thee!
- O my darling, my darling — Kiss me! Kiss me! Ah! but again.
- Sleep, take me! Death, take me! This life is too full; it pains, it slays, it suffices.
- Let me go back into the world; yea, back into the world.
- I was the priest of Ammon-Ra in the temple of Ammon-Ra at Thebai.
- But Bacchus came singing with his troops of vine-clad girls, of girls in dark mantles; and Bacchus in the midst like a fawn!
- God! how I ran out in my rage and scattered the chorus!
- But in my temple stood Bacchus as the priest of Ammon-Ra.
- Therefore I went wildly with the girls into Abyssinia; and there we abode and rejoiced.
- Exceedingly; yea, in good sooth!
- I will eat the ripe and the unripe fruit for the glory of Bacchus.
- Terraces of ilex, and tiers of onyx and opal and sardonyx leading up to the cool green porch of malachite.
- Within is a crystal shell, shaped like an oyster — O glory of Priapus! beatitude of the Great Goddess!
- Therein is a pearl.
- O Pearl! thou hast come from the majesty of dread Ammon-Ra.
- Then I the priest beheld a steady glitter in the heart of the pearl.
- So bright we could not look! But behold! a blood-red rose upon a rood of glowing gold!
- So I adored the God. Bacchus! thou art the lover of my God!
- I who was priest of Ammon-Ra, who saw the Nile flow by for many moons, for many, many moons, am the young fawn of the grey land.
- I will set up my dance in your conventicles, and my secret loves shall be sweet among you.
- Thou shalt have a lover among the lords of the grey land.
- This shall he bring unto thee, without which all is in vain; a man’s life spilt for thy love upon My Altars.
- Let it be soon, O God, my God! I ache for Thee, I wander very lonely among the mad folk, in the grey land of desolation.
- Thou shalt set up the abominable lonely Thing of wickedness. Oh joy! to lay that corner-stone!
- It shall stand erect upon the high mountain; only my God shall commune with it.
- I will build it of a single ruby; it shall be seen from afar off.
- Come! let us irritate the vessels of the earth: they shall distil strange wine.
- It grows under my hand: it shall cover the whole heaven.
- Thou art behind me: I scream with a mad joy.
- Then said Ithuriel the strong; let Us also worship this invisible marvel!
- So did they, and the archangels swept over the heaven.
- Strange and mystic, like a yellow priest invoking mighty flights of great grey birds from the North, so do I stand and invoke Thee!
- Let them obscure not the sun with their wings and their clamour!
- Take away form and its following!
- I am still.
- Thou art like an osprey among the rice, I am the great red pelican in the sunset waters.
- I am like a black eunuch; and Thou art the scimitar. I smite off the head of the light one, the breaker of bread and salt.
- Yea! I smite — and the blood makes as it were a sunset on the lapis lazuli of the King’s Bedchamber.
- I smite! The whole world is broken up into a mighty wind, and a voice cries aloud in a tongue that men cannot speak.
- I know that awful sound of primal joy; let us follow on the wings of the gale even unto the holy house of Hathor; let us offer the five jewels of the cow upon her altar!
- Again the inhuman voice!
- I rear my Titan bulk into the teeth of the gale, and I smite and prevail, and swing me out over the sea.
- There is a strange pale God, a god of pain and deadly wickedness.
- My own soul bites into itself, like a scorpion ringed with fire.
- That pallid God with face averted, that God of subtlety and laughter, that young Doric God, him will I serve.
- For the end thereof is torment unspeakable.
- Better the loneliness of the great grey sea!
- But ill befall the folk of the grey land, my God!
- Let me smother them with my roses!
- Oh Thou delicious God, smile sinister!
- I pluck Thee, O my God, like a purple plum upon a sunny tree. How Thou dost melt in my mouth, Thou consecrated sugar of the Stars!
- The world is all grey before mine eyes; it is like an old worn wine-skin.
- All the wine of it is on these lips.
- Thou hast begotten me upon a marble Statue, O my God!
- The body is icy cold with the coldness of a million moons; it is harder than the adamant of eternity. How shall I come forth into the light?
- Thou art He, O God! O my darling! my child! my plaything! Thou art like a cluster of maidens, like a multitude of swans upon the lake.
- I feel the essence of softness.
- I am hard and strong and male; but come Thou! I shall be soft and weak and feminine.
- Thou shalt crush me in the wine-press of Thy love. My blood shall stain Thy fiery feet with litanies of Love in Anguish.
- There shall be a new flower in the fields, a new vintage in the vineyards.
- The bees shall gather a new honey; the poets shall sing a new song.
- I shall gain the Pain of the Goat for my prize; and the God that sitteth upon the shoulders of Time shall drowse.
- Then shall all this which is written be accomplished: yea, it shall be accomplished.
- I am like a maiden bathing in a clear pool of fresh water.
- O my God! I see Thee dark and desirable, rising through the water as a golden smoke.
- Thou art altogether golden, the hair and the eyebrows and the brilliant face; even into the finger-tips and toe-tips Thou art one rosy dream of gold.
- Deep into Thine eyes that are golden my soul leaps, like an archangel menacing the sun.
- My sword passes through and through Thee; crystalline moons ooze out of Thy beautiful body that is hidden behind the ovals of Thine eyes.
- Deeper, ever deeper. I fall, even as the whole Universe falls down the abyss of Years.
- For Eternity calls; the Overworld calls; the world of the Word is awaiting us.
- Be done with speech, O God! Fasten the fangs of the hound Eternity in this my throat!
- I am like a wounded bird flapping in circles.
- Who knows where I shall fall?
- O blessed One! O God! O my devourer!
- Let me fall, fall down, fall away, afar, alone!
- Let me fall!
- Nor is there any rest, Sweet Heart, save in the cradle of royal Bacchus, the thigh of the most Holy One.
- There rest, under the canopy of night.
- Uranus chid Eros; Marsyas chid Olympas; I chid my beautiful lover with his sunray mane; shall I not sing?
- Shall not mine incantations bring around me the wonderful company of the wood-gods, their bodies glistening with the ointment of moonlight and honey and myrrh?
- Worshipful are ye, O my lovers; let us forward to the dimmest hollow!
- There we will feast upon mandrake and upon moly!
- There the lovely One shall spread us His holy banquet. In the brown cakes of corn we shall taste the food of the world, and be strong.
- In the ruddy and awful cup of death we shall drink the blood of the world, and be drunken!
- Ohe! the song to Iao, the song to Iao!
- Come, let us sing to thee, Iacchus invisible, Iacchus triumphant, Iacchus indicible!
- Iacchus, O Iacchus, O Iacchus, be near us!
- Then was the countenance of all time darkened, and the true light shone forth.
- There was also a certain cry in an unknown tongue, whose stridency troubled the still waters of my soul, so that my mind and my body were healed of their disease, self-knowledge.
- Yea, an angel troubled the waters.
- This was the cry of Him: IIIOOShBThIO-IIIIAMAMThIBI-II.
- Nor did I sing this for a thousand times a night for a thousand nights before Thou camest, O my flaming God, and pierced me with Thy spear. Thy scarlet robe unfolded the whole heavens, so that the Gods said: All is burning: it is the end.
- Also Thou didst set Thy lips to the wound and suck out a million eggs. And Thy mother sat upon them, and lo! stars and stars and ultimate Things whereof stars are the atoms.
- Then I perceived Thee, O my God, sitting like a white cat upon the trellis-work of the arbour; and the hum of the spinning worlds was but Thy pleasure.
- O white cat, the sparks fly from Thy fur! Thou dost crackle with splitting the worlds.
- I have seen more of Thee in the white cat than I saw in the Vision of Aeons.
- In the boat of Ra did I travel, but I never found upon the visible Universe any being like unto Thee!
- Thou wast like a winged white horse, and I raced Thee through eternity against the Lord of the Gods.
- So still we race!
- Thou wast like a flake of snow falling in the pine-clad woods.
- In a moment Thou wast lost in a wilderness of the like and the unlike.
- But I beheld the beautiful God at the back of the blizzard — and Thou wast He!
- Also I read in a great Book.
- On ancient skin was written in letters of gold: Verbum fit Verbum.
- Also Vitriol and the hierophant’s name V.V.V.V.V.
- All this wheeled in fire, in star-fire, rare and far and utterly lonely –- even as Thou and I, O desolate soul my God!
- Yea, and the writing
- Eight times he cried aloud, and by eight and by eight shall I count Thy favours, Oh Thou Elevenfold God 418!
- Yea, and by many more; by the ten in the twenty-two directions; even as the perpendicular of the Pyramid — so shall Thy favours be.
- If I number them, they are One.
- Excellent is Thy love, Oh Lord! Thou art revealed by the darkness, and he who gropeth in the horror of the groves shall haply catch Thee, even as a snake that seizeth on a little singing-bird.
- I have caught Thee, O my soft thrush; I am like a hawk of mother-of-emerald; I catch Thee by instinct, though my eyes fail from Thy glory.
- Yet they are but foolish folk yonder. I see them on the yellow sand, all clad in Tyrian purple.
- They draw their shining God unto the land in nets; they build a fire to the Lord of Fire, and cry unhallowed words, even the dreadful curse Amri maratza, maratza, atman deona lastadza maratza maritza — maran!
- Then do they cook the shining god, and gulp him whole.
- These are evil folk, O beautiful boy! let us pass on to the Otherworld.
- Let us make ourselves into a pleasant bait, into a seductive shape!
- I will be like a splendid naked woman with ivory breasts and golden nipples; my whole body shall be like the milk of the stars. I will be lustrous and Greek, a courtesan of Delos, of the unstable Isle.
- Thou shalt be like a little red worm on a hook.
- But thou and I will catch our fish alike.
- Then wilt thou be a shining fish with golden back and silver belly: I will be like a violent beautiful man, stronger than two score bulls, a man of the West bearing a great sack of precious jewels upon a staff that is greater than the axis of the all.
- And the fish shall be sacrificed to Thee and the strong man crucified for Me, and Thou and I will kiss, and atone for the wrong of the Beginning; yea, for the wrong of the beginning.
- O my beautiful God! I swim in Thy heart like a trout in the mountain torrent.
- I leap from pool to pool in my joy; I am goodly with brown and gold and silver.
- Why, I am lovelier than the russet autumn woods at the first snowfall.
- And the crystal cave of my thought is lovelier than I.
- Only one fish-hook can draw me out; it is a woman kneeling by the bank of the stream. It is she that pours the bright dew over herself, and into the sand so that the river gushes forth.
- There is a bird on yonder myrtle; only the song of that bird can draw me out of the pool of Thy heart, O my God!
- Who is this Neapolitan boy that laughs in his happiness? His lover is the mighty crater of the Mountain of Fire. I saw his charred limbs borne down the slopes in a stealthy tongue of liquid stone.
- And Oh! the chirp of the cicada!
- I remember the days when I was cacique in Mexico.
- O my God, wast Thou then as now my beautiful lover?
- Was my boyhood then as now Thy toy, Thy joy?
- Verily, I remember those iron days.
- I remember how we drenched the bitter lakes with our torrent of gold; how we sank the treasurable image in the crater of Citlaltepetl.
- How the good flame lifted us even unto the lowlands, setting us down in the impenetrable forest.
- Yea, Thou wast a strange scarlet bird with a bill of gold. I was Thy mate in the forests of the lowland; and ever we heard from afar the shrill chant of mutilated priests and the insane clamour of the Sacrifice of Maidens.
- There was a weird winged God that told us of his wisdom.
- We attained to be starry grains of gold dust in the sands of a slow river.
- Yea, and that river was the river of space and time also.
- We parted thence; ever to the smaller, ever to the greater, until now, O sweet God, we are ourselves, the same.
- O God of mine, Thou art like a little white goat with lightning in his horns!
- I love Thee, I love Thee.
- Every breath, every word, every thought, every deed is an act of love with Thee.
- The beat of my heart is the pendulum of love.
- The songs of me are the soft sighs:
- The thoughts of me are very rapture:
- And my deeds are the myriads of Thy children, the stars and the atoms.
- Let there be nothing!
- Let all things drop into this ocean of love!
- Be this devotion a potent spell to exorcise the demons of the Five!
- Ah God, all is gone! Thou dost consummate Thy rapture. Falutli! Falutli!
- There is a solemnity of the silence. There is no more voice at all.
- So shall it be unto the end. We who were dust shall never fall away into the dust.
- So shall it be.
- Then, O my God, the breath of the Garden of Spices. All these have a savour averse.
- The cone is cut with an infinite ray; the curve of hyperbolic life springs into being.
- Farther and farther we float; yet we are still. It is the chain of systems that is falling away from us.
- First falls the silly world; the world of the old grey land.
- Falls it unthinkably far, with its sorrowful bearded face presiding over it; it fades to silence and woe.
- We to silence and bliss, and the face is the laughing face of Eros.
- Smiling we greet him with the secret signs.
- He leads us into the Inverted Palace.
- There is the Heart of Blood, a pyramid reaching its apex down beyond the Wrong of the Beginning.
- Bury me unto Thy Glory, O beloved, O princely lover of this harlot maiden, within the Secretest Chamber of the Palace!
- It is done quickly; yea, the seal is set upon the vault.
- There is one that shall avail to open it.
- Nor by memory, nor by imagination, nor by prayer, nor by fasting, nor by scourging, nor by drugs, nor by ritual, nor by meditation; only by passive love shall he avail.
- He shall await the sword of the Beloved and bare his throat for the stroke.
- Then shall his blood leap out and write me runes in the sky; yea, write me runes in the sky.
- Thou wast a priestess, O my God, among the Druids; and we knew the powers of the oak.
- We made us a temple of stones in the shape of the Universe, even as thou didst wear openly and I concealed.
- There we performed many wonderful things by midnight.
- By the waning moon did we work.
- Over the plain came the atrocious cry of wolves.
- We answered; we hunted with the pack.
- We came even unto the new Chapel and Thou didst bear away the Holy Graal beneath Thy Druid vestments.
- Secretly and by stealth did we drink of the informing sacrament.
- Then a terrible disease seized upon the folk of the grey land; and we rejoiced.
- O my God, disguise Thy glory!
- Come as a thief, and let us steal away the Sacraments!
- In our groves, in our cloistral cells, in our honeycomb of happiness, let us drink, let us drink!
- It is the wine that tinges everything with the true tincture of infallible gold.
- There are deep secrets in these songs. It is not enough to hear the bird; to enjoy song he must be the bird.
- I am the bird, and Thou art my song, O my glorious galloping God!
- Thou reinest in the stars; thou drivest the constellations seven abreast through the circus of Nothingness.
- Thou Gladiator God!
- I play upon mine harp; Thou fightest the beasts and the flames.
- Thou takest Thy joy in the music, and I in the fighting.
- Thou and I are beloved of the Emperor.
- See! he has summoned us to the Imperial dais. The night falls; it is a great orgy of worship and bliss.
- The night falls like a spangled cloak from the shoulders of a prince upon a slave.
- He rises a free man!
- Cast thou, O prophet, the cloak upon these slaves!
- A great night, and scarce fires therein; but freedom for the slave that its glory shall encompass.
- So also I went down into the great sad city.
- There dead Messalina bartered her crown for poison from the dead Locusta; there stood Caligula, and smote the seas of forgetfulness.
- Who wast Thou, O Caesar, that Thou knewest God in an horse?
- For lo! we beheld the White Horse of the Saxon engraven upon the earth; and we beheld the Horses of the Sea that flame about the old grey land, and the foam from their nostrils enlightens us!
- Ah! but I love thee, God!
- Thou art like a moon upon the ice-world.
- Thou art like the dawn of the utmost snows upon the burnt-up flats of the tiger’s land.
- By silence and by speech do I worship Thee.
- But all is in vain.
- Only Thy silence and Thy speech that worship me avail.
- Wail, O ye folk of the grey land, for we have drunk your wine, and left ye but the bitter dregs.
- Yet from these we will distil ye a liquor beyond the nectar of the Gods.
- There is value in our tincture for a world of Spice and gold.
- For our red powder of projection is beyond all possibilities.
- There are few men; there are enough.
- We shall be full of cup-bearers, and the wine is not stinted.
- O dear my God! what a feast Thou hast provided.
- Behold the lights and the flowers and the maidens!
- Taste of the wines and the cates and the splendid meats!
- Breathe in the perfumes and the clouds of little gods like wood-nymphs that inhabit the nostrils!
- Feel with your whole body the glorious smoothness of the marble coolth and the generous warmth of the sun and the slaves!
- Let the Invisible inform all the devouring Light of its disruptive vigour!
- Yea! all the world is split apart, as an old grey tree by the lightning!
- Come, O ye gods, and let us feast.
- Thou, O my darling, O my ceaseless Sparrow-God, my delight, my desire, my deceiver, come Thou and chirp at my right hand!
- This was the tale of the memory of Al A’in the priest; yea, of Al A’in the priest.
- By the burning of the incense was the Word revealed, and by the distant drug.
- O meal and honey and oil! O beautiful flag of the moon, that she hangs out in the centre of bliss!
- These loosen the swathings of the corpse; these unbind the feet of Osiris, so that the flaming God may rage through the firmament with his fantastic spear.
- But of pure black marble is the sorry statue, and the changeless pain of the eyes is bitter to the blind.
- We understand the rapture of that shaken marble, torn by the throes of the crowned child, the golden rod of the golden God.
- We know why all is hidden in the stone, within the coffin, within the mighty sepulchre, and we too answer Olalam! Imal! Tutulu! as it is written in the ancient book.
- Three words of that book are as life to a new aeon; no god has read the whole.
- But thou and I, O God, have written it page by page.
- Ours is the elevenfold reading of the Elevenfold word.
- These seven letters together make seven diverse words; each word is divine, and seven sentences are hidden therein.
- Thou art the Word, O my darling, my lord, my master!
- O come to me, mix the fire and the water, all shall dissolve.
- I await Thee in sleeping, in waking. I invoke Thee no more; for Thou art in me, O Thou who hast made me a beautiful instrument tuned to Thy rapture.
- Yet art Thou ever apart, even as I.
- I remember a certain holy day in the dusk of the year, in the dusk of the Equinox of Osiris, when first I beheld Thee visibly; when first the dreadful issue was fought out; when the Ibis-headed One charmed away the strife.
- I remember Thy first kiss, even as a maiden should. Nor in the dark byways was there another: Thy kisses abide.
- There is none other beside Thee in the whole Universe of Love.
- My God, I love Thee, O Thou goat with gilded horns!
- Thou beautiful bull of Apis! Thou beautiful serpent of Apep! Thou beautiful child of the Pregnant Goddess!
- Thou hast stirred in Thy sleep, O ancient sorrow of years! Thou hast raised Thine head to strike, and all is dissolved into the Abyss of Glory.
- An end to the letters of the words! An end to the sevenfold speech.
- Resolve me the wonder of it all into the figure of a gaunt swift camel striding over the sand.
- Lonely is he, and abominable; yet hath he gained the crown.
- Oh rejoice! rejoice!
- My God! O my God! I am but a speck in the star-dust of ages; I am the Master of the Secret of Things.
- I am the Revealer and the Preparer. Mine is the Sword — and the Mitre and the Winged Wand!
- I am the Initiator and the Destroyer. Mine is the Globe — and the Bennu bird and the Lotus of Isis my daughter!
- I am the One beyond these all; and I bear the symbols of the mighty darkness.
- There shall be a sigil as of a vast black brooding ocean of death and the central blaze of darkness, radiating its night upon all.
- It shall swallow up that lesser darkness.
- But in that profound who shall answer: What is?
- Not I.
- Not Thou, O God!
- Come, let us no more reason together; let us enjoy! Let us be ourselves, silent, unique, apart.
- O lonely woods of the world! In what recesses will ye hide our love?
- The forest of the spears of the Most High is called Night, and Hades, and the Day of Wrath; but I am His captain, and I bear His cup.
- Fear me not with my spearmen! They shall slay the demons with their petty prongs. Ye shall be free.
- Ah, slaves! ye will not — ye know not how to will.
- Yet the music of my spears shall be a song of freedom.
- A great bird shall sweep from the abyss of Joy, and bear ye away to be my cup-bearers.
- Come, O my God, in one last rapture let us attain to the Union with the Many!
- In the silence of Things, in the Night of Forces, beyond the accursed domain of the Three, let us enjoy our love!
- My darling! My darling! away, away beyond the Assembly and the Law and the Enlightenment unto an Anarchy of solitude and Darkness!
- For even thus must we veil the brilliance of our Self.
- My darling! My darling!
- O my God, but the love in Me bursts over the bonds of Space and Time; my love is spilt among them that love not love.
- My wine is poured out for them that never tasted wine.
- The fumes thereof shall intoxicate them and the vigour of my love shall breed mighty children from their maidens.
- Yea! without draught, without embrace: — and the Voice answered Yea! these things shall be.
- Then I sought a Word for Myself; nay, for myself.
- And the Word came: O Thou! it is well. Heed naught! I love Thee! I love Thee!
- Therefore had I faith unto the end of all; yea, unto the end of all.
 16 points – 16 is from Chesed – which is 4 – The place of Adeptus Exemptus. Liber VII gives a “description” of his Voluntary Emancipation from his Adeptship. 16 is seen “from the outside,” from the emptiness of the Abyss.
A fantastic connection between the Probationer and the Neophyte was found primarily in the relationship between Liber 65 and Liber 7. One is worship, and the other is marriage. In the same way, the Neophyte leans on the Probationer, who projects such a resultant as his Adeptship and his “Mastery.” Everything that happens in the Golden Dawn in our Order is only a slight reminder of what is found in Liber 65 and Liber 7. These two sacred texts are, in fact, all that is ever needed for the Adept to succeed.
 Loneliness – “The Hermit” – from the Supreme Triad: Declares himself as passive – the One who receives – and “understands.”
 Darkness – Binah. The sound of a flute – leaves an impression on the sense of hearing which is attributed to the element of Spirit – Shin.
 The brave river – description of the Universe to the edge of Chesed – the edge of the wilderness.
 “PAN” – EVERYTHING – Comprehension, understanding Everything from the Void of the Spirit. (4 = 4 elements)
 Eternal snows, high above – associates to Kether.
 Perfume – specific for 8=3 attainment; nostrils – the notion of “Stars” awakens and illuminates the World.
 The One who understands Everything “does not know” what to do with it since Everything already has its True Will and Nature.
 Nothing is important as a part of the Multitude, but the Wholeness of Everything is “Pan.”
 Everything that can be understood and that is manifested is from “PAN,” as an aspect and part of Everything.
 Trinity – the perfume of Pan pervading; – the taste filling the mouth; – tongue and speech. It is related to the perception of aspects of the supreme Triad of the Tree of Life: Smell, Taste, Voice.
 The awareness of the Whole of Everything brings the “part” to the Ecstasy of pleasure and pain.
 The five senses are useless – they only feel what is “lower”; the sixth sense is Enlightened.
 The Self is faced with the separation from the being in order to annul the Limitations.
 Abyss – where the Ego is destroyed and from which the Star is born.
 An end to “Everything” – PAN “under the cloak of darkness” – even loneliness has been absorbed with its Opposite – as all “has.”
 Oneness with All, Surrender of All to Nothing, Unity of the Microcosm and the Macrocosm.
 Chapter dedicated to 5 – MARS. It has 55 verses, 5 x 11 – The Number of the Magick of the Beast; 5 = Geburah. 55 = Nun + Heh = “Death” + “Star.” 55 is the Mystical number of Malkuth, the sum of all numbers from 1 to 10.
 A statement of Love – The Nature of the Will: “Agape.”
 A beast – Therion – chasing – IRE – Spirit.
 Pinnacle – Phallos; Edge – Yod; City, fortress – the town of SION (?); White Bird – plummeting from Kether.
 Love: Agape; a nymph – white: The One who Receives love – from the Lover.
 Associates to BABALON – because there is none other, but she.
 Recognition of Understanding; Recognition – as the Active Principle of the Spirit.
 I am He – Unity; insists further on the work; Working – 5 – not in Speaking.
 Cry – Birth of a Baby – white fawn; Hiding in the forest – Darkness, Binah, Passivity.
 Centaur is attributed to the path of “Samekh”; “violet-blossoms” – Crown, to the “hoofs” in Malkuth – the Middle Pillar.
 Steel is attributed to Geburah; diamond is of Kether. All this is Perceived from the Standpoint of Understanding = Binah.
 Adeptus Exemptus freed himself of body and soul to awaken in the Spirit. The question is posed as a Negation.
 Associating that it is the Lord Horus who Initiates: a dagger drawn across my throat: decapitation – separation of the Highest Triad by the Flaming Sword. I woo thee – Intimacy with the Lord.
 Blood is sacrificed in the cup of Our Lady: it quenches the thirst of the Lord. Binah: a community of Saints who sacrificed their blood.
 White is of Kether. The burrow Night is the Darkness of Binah. These are L.V.X. and N.O.X. The rabbit is associated with the Constellation at the Foot of Orion – close to Sirius.
 This and the previous verse are connected because the fox hunts the rabbit hiding in the burrow. He is greater than Her because He is V.V.V.V.V.; he is PAN, Everything, he has mastered the Universe.
 An appeal.
 Lightning is a “product” of Union; sheep are Multitude (just looking white, but actually are Not).
 Tongue and a flame – HADIT. Trident – the sign of Apophis and Typhon – Crossing the Abyss with the release of Energy. The SON who is “taller” than the Tau-Cross. Over the sea – is over Binah.
 Phoenix – from Tiphareth. Two prongs below are Ayin, a goat, PAN “the Sinful One.” The whole verse associates to the Trinity of Triads: Which Magister Templi perceives.
 Trinity: through addressing. Spear – Ultimate Little Grey God – Satyr. Goat – beware.
 Ascension from Low to High; overcoming: from gray to gold, from gold to beyond.
 Declaration. Statement of AGAPE.
 Ambiguous things – Speech is a Lie – Knowledge – description of “under” the Abyss through the Triad: O goat-hoofed One; O horned One; O Pillar of lightning – a PAN goat.
 (Again) Triad: lightning, pearls, and specks of Nothing: Like 3 Alchemical principles through a projection in the plane of Binah – but the Magister Templi “understands” this.
 Trinity: all – one – naught (210!)
 The space of aether – Emptiness – He is floating with no Stronghold, with no “Link.”
 The essence of the Star. The desire for constant awareness.
 Nature – Binah. Hideth – Binah. Closing – Binah. Fear – “suffering” from Binah. Destruction in the Abyss, Magister Templi is hidden in the Silence of his Understanding – his Eye is Open (see “The Oath of the Abyss”).
 Tears are attributed to Binah. Ever-weeping One – Chokmah, Binah, and Kether.
 Denial of Isis and Osiris (in Unity): Horus is the Lord of the Highest Aether. He Rules Everything. He is the Child of “I,” and “O.” Typhon is the horror of the Abyss here.
 Thought; evil – Knowledge: Daath.
 Across the Abyss.
 A formula of the New Æon: a different concept of death. Death is a process – but it reigns beneath the Abyss. NOTHING dies. What “dies” dissolves in the Night.
 This is the “grade” of Understanding, not Wisdom (9=2), so it seems to be Vilely diffracted – in the Mind.
 The nature of the grade that redeems from the Suffering of Darkness. AGAPE, in Trinity.
 The column is the Middle Pillar (from Kether to Malkuth), but the woman is Binah.
 An arrow that reaches and unites with “the One” Above.
 The Death of the Ego. The “body” burns to Dust.
 Flame – 5 – flows into the cold emptiness – Night – Binah, N.O.X. Thy Little Light – “Star.”
 Microcosm dissolving = L.V.X. in N.O.X.
 The End of Everything, There is Nothing – even in love.
 A worm is equal to the serpent “Ouroboros.” A serpent is seen by Those watching from below, and a Worm is seen by Those watching from above.
 There is a link: Love – Agape (that is why we do not talk about it at 9=2 or 10=1, but “only” at 8=3).
 A million flowers – an ecstasy of Love: Blessing of the Higher to the Lower. Staff – Phallos. Consecration through the Trinity: oil – blood – kisses.
 It equates life and death: as two sides of one “coin.”
 Mouth – Phe – Mars and “the Tower.” Drinking life: wine is “just a Symbol.”
 Consuming the sacrament.
 Mother of Heaven – Isis: See sign of I.R. (N.O.X.)
 The Daughter ascends to the throne of the Mother. The soul becomes pure – to marry the Father.
 Boy – Horus. Satyr – PAN.
 The Lord determines the proper hour: but since they are one, the Magister shouts Now! 3 times – “he” is Binah.
 Unity With Everything. AGAPE PAN = Phallos.
 Shivering before dissolving.
 The Final Hour: the crossing of Abyss – “the Death” (Nun – Pisces – Kteis – Binah). Death is 50, as many as the gates to Binah.
 The statement of the one Above the Abyss is “absurd.” This is almost a touch of 9=2 because he exclaimed the word: he did not keep silent in Understanding. Each last verse in this book contains a summary of a whole chapter and its overcoming. To bind the Invisible; unbind the bound – overcoming limitations – liberation from Adepthood, immersing into Binah.
 Second chapter dedicated to 3 – Saturn. It has 53 verses; Nun + Gimel – “Death” and “High Priestess.” See in 777 for the value 53.
 The call for Oneness with the Lord. Again, always, Forever.
 Taking on the characteristic of the opposing Self. A and B (Spirit and lightning); Thy Spirit here is Passive, while lightning is Active. Kteis and Phallos.
 Two galaxies – Duality.
 Ending the fight (5) and joining forces towards the Destruction of the “third.”
 Elephant – Foundation – Yesod (Elephant is huge, heavy, and slow – Saturn-like).
 Tortoise holds the Elephant on the Armor.
 The tortoise is the Spirit. The Elephant represents 4 elements; it associates that the 4 elements cannot exist without the “support” of the Spirit, which sustains them together and constructs combinations.
 Approaching the Spirit and reconciling with the True Nature.
 Being undisturbed by worldly things.
 Value and Non-Value, no difference whatsoever.
 Nubian – Black – Binah. Naked purple – Yesod. Green – Netzach – but green is also as Anahata, Tiphareth.
 Binah source: nipples – “the Lovers” (from Chokmah: “the Star”). Wine – life.
 Exercise of the Will; (house – Bet). (The cup-boy – Magister Templi).
 Doric boy – from Dora – Yoni – KTEIS. Binah, but it reflects strength across the moon, the drunkenness of life: of the joy of Exercising the True Will.
 Wedding: “the Lovers” lead to 3 – Binah – He who is full of life knows what life is and what All of life is. Pernicious drunk is the limit.
 A crown of thorns is an allusion to the crown of Jesus and his crucifixion. Departure on the path of Binah – “Eli Eli, lama sabachthani.” False crown in Daath.
 Horn is Phallos – PAN.
 Understanding the opposites of life: “the Lovers.” Naked Mountain – probably Abiegnus.
 Pronounced darkness: moon in waning, clouds covering the stars, but nature organizes Circuits – God is in the Center. Tiphareth.
 Feeding lower life from Higher spheres.
 Not giving a description; epithet, adjective. Everything – PAN. “He is He.”
 Why is the word of Reason – limitation. Sin – the idea of misunderstanding.
 Crowd are exalted with themselves.
 Laughter – originates from the Multitude – Choronzon. But what is on otherworldly laughs to it All too.
 Unconditionality of the Supreme Triad; Universe – Binah. Stars – Chokmah.
 Kether at “that” point – in relation to the previous verses; Agape.
 Men – Chokmah. Women – Binah. Kteis + Pahallos, but as “multitude” – Asylum.
 Summons the madness of Aleph.
 “But” it is restrained by love.
 Confusion in Multitude.
 Loneliness – Phallos tends to marry Kteis; another association to the Trinity (fear – control – alone).
 Pan marries opposites within: Understanding in Binah. Black, AEgean, marble, Roses – Binah. The rest is the nature of Phallos.
 Sunset – the transition of the Sun into Darkness – still: Agape!
 Dream” is “Yesod.” Beautiful – Tiphareth. But “he” transcends even reality – Binah.
 Exercising the Will: Magister Templi walk in the garden – exercise his Will, his Great Work.
 The True Will is the great flame, everything else is but the smoke-ring – irrelevant and little. Gargantuan is PAN – Everything.
 A specific scent “tied” to the experience of Binah.
 Boys – Masters of the Temple – always young – at the fountain of eternal youth.
 The Will of the soul, i.e., true nature led to the Supreme Unification.
 What is the Will of the “lower” – is also the Will of the “higher” – They are one.
 Ecstatic Intoxication – but with clear “vision” – Understanding it.
 Twice: looking with both eyes: 6 and 9.
 A call for Unification.
 4 qualities by which the Will is manifested.
 Prophecy – whoever takes the Path shall come to an End.
 O – The zero – Naught – LA “God” = AL = All = PAN – The Unity of opposites.
 Trinity: Madness, cruelty, restraint.
 A call for Unification.
 Scattering from Heights, permeation with the lower One.
 All is Manifested. The world = XXI = Universe.
 Third chapter is dedicated to 4 – JUPITER (Pillar, Support). There are 60 verses – 60 = Samekh and Sagittarius. See 777.
 This verse would be associated with the worship of the Sun in Tiphareth, but there is a view of how Adeptus Exemptus (7=4) actually worships the Sun as Magister Templi (8=3); i.e., it tells of worshiping the Spiritual Sun. Amon-Ra – Jupiter – the Sun dressed with Jupiter, in the dignity of authority.
 Bacchus – Dionysus – Solar Deity. Girls in dark mantles – Netzach in the robe of Binah. Fawn – child – innocent and pure.
 God! – related to the Supreme Triad. Rage – Middle Triad, Geburah especially. Chorus – Lower Triad – Multitude.
 Intoxication instead of sobriety, fornication instead of chastity.
 Refusal to worship something specific, submission of Love under Will, exercising the True Will.
 The entire Consciousness, and being, and the Self, and the Soul, are harnessed to exercise the Will.
 Trinity: the glory of Bacchus (A∴A∴); ripe and unripe – R∴C∴ and G∴D∴.
 The ilex is of Geburah; onix – XXI; opal – I (8); sardonyx – ? (4 – ?); malachite – green – Netzach. All this from warm to cool.
 Priapus – Phallos; Great Goddess – Kteis; shell – Kteis.
 Pearl – grain, seed, “Yod,” but Kether as well. Kether is in the shell – in the night of Pan.
 The Child of the Father – still hidden but overly sublime.
 The pearl is Khabs, glitter in the hearth is Hadit.
 L.V.X. Also Kether. But the symbol of Tiphareth appears.
 Identification with Bacchus.
 He was the priest of Ammon-Ra – now the Magister Templi – he was released from his priesthood. He has just been born in Understanding. Gray land in Emperor’s Scale. The gray color is from Chokmah, but also Binah. Nile – the river of life: going through the Triads: he was 6; he looked at many 9, and is a young fawn of the gray land, this as if it were a coupling of Malkuth and Binah.
 The combination of mobility and immobility, the combination of external and internal. New life to old sources. Newly revealed secrets.
 Lover – R∴C∴; lords – A∴A∴; grey land – G∴D∴.
 He who exercises his True Will has the inertia of the whole Universe by his side.
 Amen = 91, confirmation.
 Aching is a mystery – the revelation of Binah. A loner in the Multitude.
 As soon as the Will of the One moves, though tiny, God himself influences things to move in accordance with that Will. This is the lifting of the restriction that the Multitude fears. Corner-stone – on the edge of the Abyss.
 An association to Phallos.
 Ruby – see “Liber Stellae Rubeae.”
 Distillation pot – Spirit of wine – life.
 Hand – Yod – a path to Chesed. Heaven – Binah, where Magister Templi cultivates his garden.
 “Opiso Mou Teletarhai!”
 I+Th+U+R+A+L (?) = 10+9+6+200+10+1+30 = 266 (?) I am not sure about this. However, it looks like the Chesed aspect – because of the strong, especially since it worships the invisible – Binah.
 Archangels – belong to the sphere of Briatic forces. Heaven – Supreme Triad.
 North – yellow – Malkuth.
 Looking “from below” at Tiphareth. Gray birds from the previous verse, with their wings – thoughts disturbing a meditating Mind.
 Striving to get to the next level in Yoga (see “Eight Lectures on Yoga”).
 The first is the Treasurer of Wisdom, the second speaks of the Words of Wisdom.
 The one under the Abyss was killed (bread and salt – the feast of life – Tiphareth). Bread – Isis – Binah. Salt – Binah. Black eunuch – Binah. Scimitar – flaming sword that smites the Abyss, i.e. top from the lower part of the Tree of Life.
 Sacrificing the blood of the Saints. King’s Bedchamber – Binah.
 Third smite – 3 – Binah; Comprehension – understanding the end of Thought and Speech – which are only the winds of Ruach.
 The house of the Goddess Hathor – Binah. 5=1.
 Inhuman – Divine.
 Victory over the winds of the Mind – Yoga. Sea – Binah.
 Shin and Nun.
 Averted – everything across the Abyss encompasses its Opposite. Doric God – Babalon.
 Evil – the deception of Duality, the Limitation.
 Roses – from Binah over to Tiphareth.
 A contradiction united in itself. Mercy is not Mercy, but it also is.
 Purple plum upon a sunny tree – Babalon with Tiphareth. Consecrated sugar of the Stars – Chokmah.
 Everything is manifested; it moves but stands.
 Wine – life – blood “on these (Her) lips (Phe).” Babalon.
 Triad: (body; moons; light.)
 Everything that can be enjoyed and drunken with Ecstasy.
 Phallos – inner nature; but Kteis – Understanding – passivity.
 Rebirth in Understanding: new life, new “incarnation.”
 Phallos and Kteis: unification of polarity in the new order.
 Time – Binah. Goat – Pan. Pain – Binah.
 Confirmation of the fulfillment of the prophecy of the Magister Templi – Understanding.
 Fourth chapter is dedicated to 6 – SUN. There are 59 verses: Nun + Teth = 50 + 9 = 14 = Yod + Daleth; 1 + 4 = 5 = He. See 777 for 59.
 Maiden – Yod, but also “the Hermit.” Water – Binah.
 Description of God as the Erecting Phallos.
 Kether with a reflection of Tiphareth.
 Sword – Ruach – Tiphareth; Moons – ooze below.
 The Universe is as it is– “it exists” in the Abyss of Years – Æons – Time – Binah.
 Trinity: Eternity – the Overworld (the otherworld) – the world of the Words.
 “An attack” on Daath.
 Circle – O; a dying Thought.
 Uncertainty of the moment, ie. places when and where the Supreme Triad separates from the Lower. A dot – .
 Higher redemption by lower absorption – by destruction (Phe – 5 – mouth).
 Falling through the “prism” of Binah.
 The “landing” of the experience.
 “Work” – 3 of Disc. Bacchus – Tiphareth.
 The relationship between the Magister and the Adept. He (MT) still absorbs both criticism and joy.
 Feasts of the Sun.
 Lovers – R∴C∴. Dimmest hollow – Binah.
 Mandrake and moly – Binah.
 Manifestation of the Prana of Deities.
 Cup of Babalon.
 Ohe – OAI (A∴A∴). The song to Iao (R∴C∴). The second time, repeated – G∴D∴.
 Worshiping of Iaccush as the Trinity of Phallos.
 Phallos Phallos Phallos.
 The gate to Sun is Binah (BABALON = BAB – AL – ON).
 Binah whose Understanding is healed all the way “down.”
 An angel – R∴C∴. Waters – A∴A∴.
 I = Phallos O = Kteis. The numerical value of this word is 734 or 1516.
 Aleph – a thousand times. Thy spear – Phallos. Sing – voice – an ear hears. Ear – Spirit.
 Lips – Phe. Eggs – Yod(?). Mother – He, Stars. Atoms and eggs –Vau – Tiphareth.
 A cat – Bastet – Sun. White – Kether. The hum – sound – ear – Spirit.
 White fur – aura. Sparks – Spirit – Fire. Splitting the worlds – Samadhi.
 Æon connects Hod and Malkuth; belongs to the Astral Plane; The vision of the cat is from the “Mental” Plane. White is across the Abyss. Celebrating Iacchus as the Trinity of Phallos.
 The boat of Ra – 5=6. The visible Universe – bellow the Abyss; below Paroketh.
 Winged white horse – Pegasus – IRE – Spirit.
 Flake of snow – point. White snow – Kether. Pine-clad woods – Binah.
 Samadhi (Atmadarshana – ?)
 Samadhi (Shivadarshana – ?)
 (41 = MA) Gold – Tiphareth. Letters of gold – the name of the Angel, 5=6.
 VITRIOL – distribute it inside the Hexagram. V.V.V.V.V. – Magister Templi – 5 footprints of a camel – A∴A∴.
 There are no Words, only the Experience of star-fire – Samadhi – 8=3.
 Some of these symbols look like “ordinary” letters; there are 16 of them… I do not understand this.
 8 is Cheth- “the Chariot” – Cancer – Crab – Binah. 8 letters in “BAPHOMETh” 8=3. 8 = K.I.T. = 418; 11 = ABRAHADABRA.
 10 Sephirot and 22 paths; 220 is the number of verses in “Liber AL.” Pyramid – Phallos.
 One – Kether.
 L.V.X. in N.O.X. Kundalini Serpent; Serpent and Pigeon; snake and singing-bird.
 Hawk – Horus – Tiphareth – Kether. (The link between Tiphareth and Binah?)
 The sun behind the sun; awakening in Binah. Lord of Fire – Horus.
 It is wrong to think that the Multitude can “consume” God. But He is manifested through them.
 Interior retreat – Behind the Veil.
 Bait – Tzaddi– Hook – !
 D.L.S. = 94. (93 + 1) (see 777). Unstable Isle – Samadhi.
 Tzaddi. Worm – bait – desired by Passion.
 Fish – Pisces – Moon – Kteis – 8=3.
 Staff – Phallos. Fish – Kteis. Complete change K.P. > P.K.
 Samadhi. No Division; above 5=6 is 8=3. The wrong of the beginning – 012.
 Fifth chapter is dedicated to 8 – Mercury. There are 48 Verses; Maim + Cheth. 40 + 8 = 12 = Yod + Beth. 1 + 2 = 3 – Gimel. Maim leads along the surface of Paroketh. Cheth is 8 – 11 – 418. See 777 for 48.
 Heart of Tiphareth – rises across the Abyss; Trout in the mountain torrent – Samadhi.
 Magister Templi, his unconditionality. Brown – Binah; gold – Tiphareth; Kether – silver – Gimel.
 Above Geburah. Autumn – West – Water – Chesed. First snowfall – Dhyana.
 Crystal Cave – Understanding (SEZAM = 667!)
 Fish-hook – Tzaddi. A woman is like on ATU “Star” (“Tzaddi is not a star”). River – ERIDANUS – 93 current.
 A bird is Ibis – the passage from 8=3 to 9=2. Magus.
 Pointing to the Middle Pillar (?)
 Voices – 8 – chirp.
 Adeptus Minor has acquired that memory, while Magister Templi gets Understanding from that.
 Boyhood – Bebies of the Abyss; M.T. is the “degree” of “eternal youth.” Toy – game – 8. Continuity.
 Iron – 5. Days – L.V.X.
 Bitter lakes – Binah. Gold – Kether. The connection is Beth. Image – smaller – Tiphareth; greater – Kether. Crater – Chakra – outbreak of Fire.
 Good flame – Kundalini. Lowlands – plane, realm. Forest – Binah.
 Mutilated priests and Sacrifice of Maidens – associates to Phallos and Kteis, but separated.
 Quetzalcoatl – winged Snake. Caduceus of Mercury 8. Sigil of the Tree of Life and Kteis and Phallos united.
 Kether; Binah; Chokmah.
 River – Eridanus – Universe (below the Abyss).
 Separation; duality; but the consciousness of Oneness does not disappear.
 White – Kether. Goat – Baphomet. Lightning – from the Eye of the Tower (links 8 and 6).
 8 is dedicated to Agape.
 8 through 6; the Logos originates from Agape.
 8 (outside).
 8 (inside).
 8 (The Law of Thelema).
 AL – LA (Iehi Ain).
 Binah – Agape.
 Five – 1 – Pentagram.
 Destruction of Everything in Samadhi. There is no “me.” Falutli is the Scream of Orgasm.
 (Magician and Exorcist) There is no 8 beyond Orgasm – “there is” Hoor-Paar-Kraat.
 That is a “Universal” Principle.
 A savour averse is from Adeptus Major: Magister Templi is freed of that. Experiences are without affecting the essence of Understanding (impartiality; irresistibility – only comprehension, consciousness, and Understanding).
 Cone – Phallos. Infinite ray – Phallos. Spiral Movement of the Universe (goat horns.)
 (See Liber LXV.) Unconditionality; the Spirit GOES.
 Rejecting an illusion.
 Even Tiphareth has been surpassed (outside).
 Eros – the inner Air that illuminates Tiphareth from Binah. Melting, “falling” in Binah. Eros is from Agape.
 Inner worship.
 A mystery that contains its opposite – across the Abyss – 8=3.
 Blood – DM – 44 – Horus. Pyramid – Phallos.
 Binah – Babalon.
 A∴A∴ seal.
 Agape (Understanding).
 Flaming sword splitting the Abyss apart (see the Invocation of Horus).
 Blood – DM – 44 – Horus; runes – 8. Sky – Binah – Nuit reflection.
 Sixth chapter is dedicated to Moon. It has 51 verse – Nun + Aleph; 50 + 1 = 6 – Vau, Hierophant. Death and Fool. See in 777 for 51.
 Priestess – Gimel – Moon. Druids – Masters and Adepts and Magicians who worshiped the Moon as the Lady of the Skies. Powers of the oak – Phallos.
 God acts openly through the Adept/Magister, and he “enters” inside – into the Secret.
 Midnight Sun – Moon – Kephra.
 Waning moon – a decrease in power. Binah – Understanding.
 Wolf – the beast dedicated to the Goddess.
 In harmony with the Multitude.
 Binah. 8=3.
 Understanding destroys – poisons the Lower Being – destroys the Ego.
 Hiding the L.V.X. in N.O.X. – merging into.
 Thief – Moon. Sacraments – 7 (also Swastika).
 Trinity: groves – cells – honeycomb.
 Wine – gold – 6. The wine is from Bacchus.
 Outside – inside. Within – without.
 Link: Binah – Netzach. Stars of Nuit – Nothingness.
 Gladiator – Fighter – Warrior – Horus.
 The lower soul is the Moon, the higher is Tiphareth.
 One satisfies the Other. Unity.
 Emperor (Tzaddi from the previous chapter – a much stronger influence here.) Emperor – Fire – Horus.
 Before Kether. The throne is the Moon – The High Priestess – Isis – Gimel. N.O.X. in which L.V.X. has a great orgy.
 N.O.X. like a veil above L.V.X.
 Slave – 2; free man –1.
 The veil of the Abyss.
 N.O.X. and stars (infinite space and countless stars in It – Nuit). Slave – body. A lower soul – redeemed by Spiritual attainment.
 Balance between “shells” (see Liber TAU).
 Seas of forgetfulness – Binah, or the Abyss.
 God is in All. All is One.
 Trinity: a horse upon the earth, in Water, in enlightening foam.
 Moon – Gimel (ice-world – Kadath – Binah) G∴D∴.
 Buddhist orange (6) – R∴C∴.
 A∴A∴ – He worships.
 Indicates an “error” if the action of either silence or speech is given for “I.”
 In fact, it is the Lord who manifests, not the “man.”
 Trinity. The relationship of Multitude and Unity.
 The Lord dwells in All. “Spiritualists” channel the energy through themselves that fertilizes the world.
 Spiritual gold: “child” from IX O.T.O. (also V.I.T.R.I.O.L.).
 See IX O.T.O.
 Liber Porta Lucis and Liber Tzaddi – of the Multitude only a few are “chosen,” but many of them are “invited.”
 Magister Templi.
 K. and P. enter into the game to unite (IX O.T.O.)
 Trinity: lights – Binah; flowers – Tiphareth; maidens – Malkuth.
 Trinity: wine – Binah; cates – Tiphareth; splendid meats – Malkuth.
 The polarity of Prana.
 K. and P. Contrast that is united: understanding, comprehension.
 Invisible – N.O.X. devouring L.V.X. (devouring: destructive power – 5).
 World – split apart in Multitude – Duality of the Moon above the Abyss.
 Gods – Cosmic energies. Feast – unification.
 Trinity: sparrow – desire – deceiver. At my right hand – Binah.
 AL A’in – AL – LA – All and Nothing; Kteis and Phallos. Unity: “behind it” is “true nature” – AL A’in the Priest.
 Seventh chapter is dedicated to 7 – Venus. 52 Verses (Nun – Beth); Death and Magus; 5 + 2 = 7 – Zain, Lovers. 7 = Netzach. See 777 for 52.
 Magister Templi – specific scent in experience 8=3. The intoxication of external and internal. Magister Temple hears and Understands the Word.
 The Cake of Light. Trinity: meal – Malkuth; honey – Tiphareth; oil – Binah. The nature of Agape.
 Phallos that reveals its nature.
 Osiris is the Black God – Binah (black marble statue). Pain and bitterness – Binah.
 Osiris fulfilled his nature, which brings him to delight; he was conquered and inherited by Horus.
 Trinity: stone – coffin – sepulchre. The answer of OIT – Twelvefold-table.
 The Book of Enoch: The Three Names of God: Gods are only parts of a whole.
 There is no God but Man. DEUS HOMO EST.
 11 – ABRAHADABRA (Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law = 11).
 777 (seven-fold table; Enohian). BABALON – ABADDON = Ad Babalonis Amorem Do Dedico Omnia Nihilos.
 Trinity: darling – lord – master; he is the Logos – Word.
 Invoking: A + B = C.
 Awaiting: Passive Love (Awareness of Oneness: Understanding) 8=3.
 The Lord does not take a particular form except that he is manifested through the Magister.
 The conflict of Seth and Osiris – opposites in the One; Ibis – Magus.
 Agape (Samadhi).
 All is One (Achad – Agape – 13).
 Goat – PAN (to whom Artemis surrendered). Horns – 8. Gilded – Kether.
 Trinity: OAI.
 Sorrow – Binah.
 The end of the speech is the beginning of Understanding.
 V.V.V.V.V.; Magister Templi – 8=3.
 By the power of His Truth, while living, He conquered the Universe.
 L.V.X. in N.O.X. – Magister Templi – Understanding.
 “He cultivates his garden”; Trinity again: Sword – Mitre – Winged Wand. Levels of achievement.
 Binah is just a “reflection” of N.O.X.
 There are no “positive” qualities: It is not Fullness but “Depth”; “It is” – it is not.
 Not I – NEMO (The Destruction of Ego). Destruction of the lower soul.
 Not Thou – NEMO. No separation and polarity, “You – I.”
 Manifestation of True Nature, unconditioned. Thelema.
 Woods of the world: Kteis of Babalon: Agape.
 N.O.X.; N – Night; O – Hades; X – Day of Wrath. Bear His cup – Magister “Captain” – NEMO.
 Spearmen – Adepts of Thelema. The onset of the New Aeon
 Slaves – Elementals – they are only servants; they have no “their” consciousness.
 The nature of Æon. A war that brings freedom. (5 toward 3).
 Hawk – Horus. Cup-bearers – 8=3.
 Samadhi. (see Liber AL).
 Trinity: the silence of Things – Night of Forces – beyond the accursed domain of the Three. N.O.X./L.V.X. – 210.
 210. Trinity: Assembly – Law – Enlightenment (towards N.O.X.). L.V.X. dissolving in N.O.X.
 Even L.V.X. is hidden.
 Across the Abyss is beyond Space and Time: Agape.
 Wine – life – blood (DM – Horus) for everyone who is (not) NEMO.
 The Union of Kteis and Phallos (children from their maidens – children in IAO).
 Nay – LA – Nothing (That is a Word).
 Perdurabo – fulfillment. The end of all.