COMMENT ON LIBER CORDIS
1. I am the Heart; and the Snake is entwined
About the invisible core of the mind.
Rise, O my snake! It is now is the hour
Of the hooded and holy ineffable flower.
Rise, O my snake, into brilliance of bloom
On the corpse of Osiris afloat in the tomb!
O heart of my mother, my sister, mine own,
Thou art given to Nile, to the terror Typhon!
Ah me! but the glory of ravening storm
Enswathes thee and wraps thee in frenzy of form.
Be still, O my soul! that the spell may dissolve
As the wands are upraised, and the aons revolve.
Behold! in my beauty how joyous Thou art,
O Snake that caresses the crown of mine heart!
Behold! we are one, and the tempest of years
Goes down to the dusk, and the Beetle appears.
O Beetle! the drone of Thy dolorous note
Be ever the trance of this tremulous throat!
I await the awaking! The summons on high
From the Lord Adonai, from the Lord Adonai!
Poetic Introitus for the Great Work. But a tremulous throat is also Daath. It trembles from the vibration of Magus’ word of Æon, who brings this Truth to the lower Sephiroth, from Chesed to Malkuth.
The Heart is Tiphareth; the snake is Teth (Lion-Snake); the mind is Ruah; calling the Snake to rise – rising Kundalini; the corpse of the Osiris floating in the tomb is Chokmah; the mother is Binah (Heh); sister is Malkuth (Heh); your own heart is Tiphareth (Vau); the Nile is the infinite space of Abyss; Typhon is the destroyer of Ego; Ah me – the Ego is coming to an end; forms are “madness“ of unreality and instability; it stills the soul, soothes thoughts; uprising the wand is the Power of the Phallus of Spirit; revolving of the æons is the transition from restriction to dedication towards Divine Spirit; Behold – opens the third eye; in my beauty is Tiphareth, the crown of mine heart is Kether-Tiphareth, which is conquered by the influence of the Snake, 32 paths of the Tree of Life; he proclaims: we are one – the dusk is the west, the death of the Ego, the end of separation from the Spirit; beetle is Kephra, K-P-RA which is Kteis united with Phallos radiating the Sun’s shine. The drone of Thy dolorous note is titration of Binah’s Understanding; he awaits the awakening – explains that the soul is in the “lower” spheres inside a dream, inexhaustible to the reality of the Spirit; explains that there is a duality, that is, the separation of the Soul from the Lord Adonai whose “call“ awaits – for the sake of unification. This first verse summarises the whole meaning of Liber LXV, in which the Lover celebrates the Lord.
- Adonai spake unto V.V.V.V.V., saying: There must ever be division in the word.
Logos is “only” on the level of Chokmah. During his work, the Aspirant often receives the Words – but the true meaning of them he receives subsequently, and “after all.”
The relationship between God and Magus – the Lover of Thelema; Adonai spake, starting the Vibrations, and V.V.V.V.V.V. listens to by the organ of the Spirit. These very words are a reflection of duality because they represent a vibratory view of other objects that the subject understands as “outside” of oneself.
ADONAI is 65 – SH – Pillar of Sagittarius and Star Aquarius.
V.V.V.V.V. is 5×6 = 30 – Lamed – Libra – Maat – Truth.
- For the colours are many, but the light is one.
LVX is One; everything else is Other. True nature is one which is only possible and impossible. The Aspirant does not have to give to this an epithet of infinite and unattainable, let him think of this as a limited category. Because Infinite is the only one, finite things are infinitely many. Complete manifestation of the Rose+Cross.
The multitude stems from the One; colors are a manifestation of the LVX; Everything is connected in the One, because the colors, i.e., the multitude are not “separated” from the One, but the One manifests itself as a multitude.
- Therefore thou writest that which is of mother of emerald, and of lapis-lazuli, and of turquoise, and of alexandrite.
Mother – Understanding; Four elements, like the noble stones of the Earth in which the ultimate manifestation of “colors” originated from One Light.
This is the specific impact of Binah on Malkuth.
- Another writeth the words of topaz, and of deep amethyst, and of gray sapphire, and of deep sapphire with a tinge as of blood.
In the Kingdom of duality and the multitude, the four elements have many variations of appearance.
- Therefore do ye fret yourselves because of this.
Duality and limitation bring discomposure; the soul is not calm in Ruach which is the mind of the crowd.
- Be not contented with the image.
Shape, an image is not a real nature of the Spirit; the image is the representation of the face of God who is proclaimed to the Mage – Lover (those who separated from the Spirit, the Soul which aspires to the Union).
- I who am the Image of an Image say this.
Adonai is the Spiritual Reality; he is the essence which is covered or dressed by an image, or a mask.
He speaks – conveys the Wisdom to the Sphere of Understanding.
- Debate not of the image, saying Beyond! Beyond! One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth.
The central channel of Sushumna; direct method. Three Grades of the Order of Thelemites: the Man of Earth, the Lover and the Hermit. The Path of the Arrow or “Art,” but is not only limited to the letter Samekh, as projected by anyone below the Magister Templi.
In “otherworld,“ above the Abyss, images are meaningless because consciousness conceives the Spirit; Vision is the instruction of the Soul, and in this way is an inspiration to a lower self.
Describes the Middle Pillar of the Tree of Life – which is an indication of the powerful method that leads to Illumination.
- Not otherwise may ye reach unto the Smooth Point.
Proper movement is straightforward and always directed towards the center. Smooth point is the axis of Samsara. Moving towards it is the path of non-action; the center moves fastest, with the smallest consumption of force. Speaking about Samsara is speaking about the Wheel of Samsara. It means acting by the Wheel of Samsara. It means turning around the Wheel of Samsara. But besides everything, you are not on it, nor do you turn or spin, yet again you act. Understanding Samsara necessarily implies neither exit nor non-exit from the Wheel. The whole wisdom is in aligning your rotation with the rotation of the axis, not in spending the effort for turning the Wheel. You have to understand that the Nature of the Wheel is to rotate by itself, so your effort is indeed redundant. Synchronize yourself with the rotation of the axis. By doing so, you will see that the whole Reality turns, not the Wheel. The Wheel is proportionally opposite to this conclusion, therefore its nature is static. This is a paradox itself, as a term and as an experience. Do not turn the Wheel for anything in the world, you should not touch it in any circumstances; therefore the key of initiation is in harmony of one movement. Movement of the Wheel and movement of yourself, which is still One thing. Movement of the Wheel.
“The Great Wheel of Samsara.
The Wheel of the Law [Dhamma].The Wheel of the Taro.
The Wheel of the Heavens.
The Wheel of Life.
All these Wheels be one; yet of all these the Wheel of the TARO alone avails thee consciously.
Meditate long and broad and deep, O man, upon this Wheel, revolving it in thy mind
Be this thy task, to see how each card springs necessarily from each other card, even in due order from The Fool unto The Ten of Coins.
Then, when thou know’st the Wheel of Destiny complete, mayst thou perceive THAT Will which moved it first. [There is no first or last.]
And lo! thou art past through the Abyss.”
[Book of the Lies, Aleister Crowley]
“All things are empty:
Nothing is born, nothing dies,
nothing is pure, nothing is stained,
nothing increases and nothing decreases.
Therefore Sariputra, in emptiness,
there is no body, no feeling, no thought, no will, no consciousness.
There are no eyes, no ears, no nose, no tongue, no body, no mind.
There is no seeing, no hearing, no smelling, no tasting, no touching, no imagining.
There is nothing seen, nor heard, nor smelled, nor tasted, nor touched, nor imagined.
There is no ignorance, and no end to ignorance.
There is no old age and death, and no end to old age and death.
There is no suffering, no cause of suffering,
no end to suffering, no path to follow.
There is no attainment of wisdom, and no wisdom to attain.”
[Prajnaparamita Hridaya Sutra]
It confirms that the balance of the Middle Pillar represents the essence of the Method – not otherwise may ye reach – this Work, i.e. the alignment of consciousness with the energies of the Middle Pillar leads to the attainment or “rising“ to the Smooth Point, which is the Kether in the Tree of Life.
- Nor is it fitting for the cobbler to prate of the Royal matter. O cobbler! mend me this shoe, that I may walk. O king! if I be thy son, let us speak of the Embassy to the King thy Brother.
The things and objects of Malkuth belong to him, manifested in that Kingdom with the meaning and will of the Creator; Spiritual Knowledge belongs to the Initiates; Wisdom is from Chokmah – and the Son is Tiphareth. Planes or levels should not “interfere” because everything is in the Order according to the great Harmony of cosmic principles.
- Then was there silence. Speech had done with us awhile. There is a light so strenuous that it is not perceived as light.
Light is but an expression. Every observation is the birth of duality. Light is a poetic allegory, the projection of direct experience of Jñāna; Attainment is defined by its own virtue, rather than by a Method. From there is the collapse of expected, out of that there is “nothing” what is left to consider beforehand and what would be thought after.
Zodiac Signs or periphery of a manifested Universe which is shown to us as a starry sky sprinkled with the darkness of space is the pre-form behind which is Nothing – the mysterious NOX. There is no word underneath and above the sky – the silence governs; the manifestation of thoughts, i.e., words and vibrations do not exist in AIN; the aforementioned light is the colorless NOX.
- Wolf’s bane is not so sharp as steel; yet it pierceth the body more subtly.
Teeth – Shin, Spirit of Æon. There are suitable ways to achieve certain “desired” results or goals; force is not crucial.
- Even as evil kisses corrupt the blood, so do my words devour the spirit of man.
DM – 44, blood; evil kisses are the worship of the multitude, which is, however, consumed by the life force, the blood of the One; but the words of Wisdom from Adonai overcome the limitations and disturbance of the human Soul.
- I breathe, and there is infinite dis-ease in the spirit.
He breathes Pra-Nu; there is a movement of energy and consciousness in the visible Universe.
The consciousness itself that resides within the Universe is the consequence of movement, and it is just the illusion and side effect of motion of Prana.
- As an acid eats into steel, as a cancer that utterly corrupts the body; so am I unto the spirit of man.
Everything which is rough has an assigned method of initiating and implementing a change, i.e., Magick for the purpose of awakening in the Spirit. VITRIOL eats the steel (which is the heaviest chemical element that can be created inside the Star – Sun); Cancer – 418 burns the body, i.e., Ego carrier; Adonai pervades the human Spirit.
- I shall not rest until I have dissolved it all.
Only the irreversible Path of Initiation leads to the achievements of the Highest Illumination. Union of Adonai and the Mage – the Lover.
- So also the light that is absorbed. One absorbs little, and is called white and glistening; one absorbs all and is called black.
Divided for love’s sake, for the chance of union. This is the true definition of Method and Attainment by Yoga.
The Difference between Binah’s Understanding and Ruach’s Knowledge/intelligence. Binah is the emptiness which absorbs the light; one who absorbs a little gives certain reflections of light in his “existence.“
- Therefore, O my darling, art thou black.
He is the Master of the Temple – in Understanding of Binah is the essence of “understanding” the Light of Adonai and the soul of the Mage – Lover. My darling emphasizes that the relation between “them” is Love by nature.
- O my beautiful, I have likened thee to a jet Nubian slave, a boy of melancholy eyes.
My beautiful – Tiphareth; Nubian slave – servant of NU; melancholy eyes – Binah.
- O the filthy one! the dog! they cry against thee. Because thou art my beloved.
Black Lodge is greater than the Aspirant can perceive. Everything that is not connected with True Nature, everything that has been separated from the indivisible essence is “Black“. But all this is a projection and part of Adonai’s seduction, as a form of the highest distraction and postponing the climax. We praise every dishonesty and proclaim every Aspirant to be Black Magician until he awakens the perception of his True Nature. Every act that aims at discovering that is as black as any other unless it is accompanied by pure Success. But even then, as success is attained afterward, it does not make an act for Success justified. No single act deviates more the Aspirant from the Self from his attempt to reach the Self. A free man does not strive for what he already has, only the prisoner yearns for freedom. Here lies the pedagogical instruction for the new generations, which is to abolish the possibility and thought for Failure.
The profane, the filthy one, do not understand the initiate and consider him a dog.
He is a dog – Sirius/Star; Adonai affirms that there is a relationship of love among “them.”
- Happy are they that praise thee; for they see thee with Mine eyes.
There is an absolute magnificence in the words and proclamation of Adonai and the writings of his Lover V.V.V.V.V.; spiritual people recognize this as the blessing of the heavens – which is worth accepting as Æon’s Gnosis and guidance on personal attainment. Those who praise V.V.V.V.V.V. are inspired by God.
- Not aloud shall they praise thee; but in the night watch one shall steal close, and grip thee with the secret grip; another shall privily cast a crown of violets over thee; a third shall greatly dare, and press mad lips to thine.
Three ways of praising; the Man of the Earth (secret grip of the material hand, during the night watch, or wakefulness during the Night of the Soul), the Lover (worshiping the Beauty of the Spirit – the kiss of mad lips of the Lover) and the Hermit (crown of violets).
- Yea! the night shall cover all, the night shall cover all.
The essence is not in secrecy, for it is only a projection of silence. However, silence is not deafness. The one who goes perfectly smoothly gives the impression of hiding. Stress is not on the Method but the Goal. A smooth going cannot be achieved by a proper movement, but by an unburdened and impersonal tendency.
NOX is above “everything” (AL/PAN). Above manifestation of the Tree of Life is the night – NUIT.
- Thou wast long seeking Me; thou didst run forward so fast that I was unable to come up with thee. O thou darling fool! what bitterness thou didst crown thy days withal.
It is a great desire of the Soul to meet God – and whose passion and tie to love for God must be renounced.
He is a Fool – 111 – Aleph. The bitterness of his days is the sorrow of mundane life.
- Now I am with thee; I will never leave thy being.
Adonai never leaves the Soul of a man. The impression of the knowledge and announcement of Adonai can never be forgotten.
This should be understood as an infinitive. Everything is a constant stimulus of the cosmic orgasm. There is no way in which True Nature cannot be manifested; here lies the danger of justifying by Thelema. This doctrine is nothing but Achievement, the one who uses it as Method is the worst of all animal spirits. Every event should be considered only as a specific relationship of Adonai with our soul, every act as the exclusive dialogue between “us” and “our” God.
- For I am the soft sinuous one entwined about thee, heart of gold!
Adonai is a serpent; V.V.V.V.V. is a Golden Heart of Tiphareth.
- My head is jewelled with twelve stars; My body is white as milk of the stars; it is bright with the blue of the abyss of stars invisible.
Twelve stars – HUA; star of Aquarius; This is one of Nuit’s description; Adonai is “her” divine reflection that “communicates“ with the Soul of man.
- I have found that which could not be found; I have found a vessel of quicksilver.
The only constant is the constant of Change. However, the Aspirant should in no way identify nor comprehend this change as an outcome of time. Time is a projection of Change, it is an echo of the Insight’s blast, like lightning of LVX before the thunder of Ego, which only subsequently fills all Elemental planes under the excuse of Ruach.
What is impossible to find is nonexistent – Nothing/AIN. The vessel of quicksilver is the Holy Grail of Understanding which is a “reflection“ of Darkness of Nothingness.
- Thou shalt instruct thy servant in his ways, thou shalt speak often with him.
The servant is the human being and the body that is the “carrier“ of the incarnated Spirit. Knowledge must be transferred to “lower“ levels in order to be integrated with all aspects and contents of the existing world. The wisdom of Æon must be transmitted to the Kingdom of men.
- (The scribe looketh upwards and crieth) Amen! Thou hast spoken it, Lord God!
Looking upward to the God AMEN. Acceptance of the mission and the task of transferring the Gnosis. He confirms to God that he Understand him.
Thou hast spoken it, Lord God – a specific relationship between Tiphareth and Kether at this place. However, more likely to be a relationship between Chokhmah (the scribe), Tiphareth (thou hast) and Kether (Lord God).
- Further Adonai spake unto V.V.V.V.V. and said:
Still, there is transmission between the “two.“
- Let us take our delight in the multitude of men! Let us shape unto ourselves a boat of mother-of-pearl from them, that we may ride upon the river of Amrit!
There is a new law that introduces people to the Joy of existence and to the multitude itself. Joy is consumption of the pleasures of life – the boat of mother-of-pearl, by which the body and soul feed the Lust of the Snake.
- Thou seest yon petal of amaranth, blown by the wind from the low sweet brows of Hathor?
Open the Eye and watch. Wind – air; low sweet brows – between them is Ajna; Hathor is the throne of the Spirit of Solar Lord Horus – Adonai.
- (The Magister saw it and rejoiced in the beauty of it.) Listen!
А.G.L.A. – 35.
The Magister rejoiced – he does not perceive duality of relations with Adonai – therefore, at present, in this experience, he is not an Adept but a Magister.
Listen – ear as the organ, instrument of Spirit.
- (From a certain world came an infinite wail.) That falling petal seemed to the little ones a wave to engulph their continent.
There is a relationship of work, action and reaction, perception and the one who perceives, as well as experiences, reflections and impressions of life.
- So they will reproach thy servant, saying: Who hath set thee to save us?
Remark to the Salvation. The solution is in the practical realization of Self. Making the Salvation as a standard.
The Adept is the deputy of his inner Magister; he is the Savior/Soter to people – but they, as multitude who dwell in ignorance of the material world, do not understand nor accept him.
Indeed, in others, one can find instructions and inspiration, but the Savior is only there for himself, no other mediator exists between him and God Adonai.
- He will be sore distressed.
Magister resides sored in Understanding, in Binah.
- All they understand not that thou and I are fashioning a boat of mother-of-pearl. We will sail down the river of Amrit even to the yew-groves of Yama, where we may rejoice exceedingly.
People who live in limitation and blindness cannot understand the mystery of the Spirit – until they hear the call of God.
The two of them – God and the Adept, sail together by the river of Life, all the way to the place of initiation where the final union will come.
- The joy of men shall be our silver gleam, their woe our blue gleam— all in the mother-of-pearl.
The splendor of Water and the Luna is a reflection of the beauty of the Golden Sun.
- (The scribe was wroth thereat. He spake: O Adonai and my master, I have borne the inkhorn and the pen without pay, in order that I might search this river of Amrit, and sail thereon as one of ye. This I demand for my fee, that I partake of the echo of your kisses.)
The ecstasy of the union between the Soul of a Man and Divine Spirit will touch the body of the scribe – because even in his most material work, a Man sought the highest achievement.
- (And immediately it was granted unto him.)
There is a specific result, experience, material “feeling“ of the Highest Illumination.
But the real result of Enlightenment is always immediately granted; the Knowledge and Conversation possess neither preparation nor method, preparation is only used by Ego to bestow itself the role of Iphigenia, in order for the last time to ritually wash before kneeling at the altar of Paroketh.
- (Nay; but not therewith was he content. By an infinite abasement unto shame did he strive. Then a voice:)
Man in his intelligent considerations cannot determine the “measure“ of achievement.
- Thou strivest ever; even in thy yielding thou strivest to yield— and lo! thou yieldest not.
To know what is not, you have to know what it is. A paradox of an endless number of things to know. The exhaustion of an infinite number of possible and impossible possibilities for reaching what is Not. But remember that the ultimate concept extends beyond the infinite.
Infinite is, however only one, finite things are infinitely many.
Yet, God is the one who directs, guides and protects the Soul, and man is his manifestation. Man, as a Lover, continually strives for the teaching of that love – while the “ultimate“ goal is not only the unification of polarity but being in Oneness, not noticing apartness and not distinguishing God and Man.
- Go thou unto the outermost places and subdue all things.
Expansion of consciousness to endlessness; stilling of all desires.
He must become the Lord of all things, which will be under the Will of the Mage; he must know all things so that consciousness can be dissolved in the light of Nothing.
- Subdue thy fear and thy disgust. Then— yield!
The fear of mystery, which neither the soul nor the spirit can conceive; disgust is antagonism against the reflection that is seen in the Abyss of Nothingness. Yielding the Ego leads to the ultimate union. It leads to Peace.
- There was a maiden that strayed among the corn, and sighed; then grew a new birth, a narcissus, and therein she forgot her sighing and her loneliness.
This is a different view of Adept and his relationship with Adonai. A maiden is Nephesh, and a narcissus is the Sun.
Also, the mystery of Persephone, sighing and core are the reflections of Binah and Tiphareth.
- Even instantly rode Hades heavily upon her, and ravished her away.
HAD – 10 – attachment to the darkness of matter, at the same time, indicates that the key of initiation is the Point itself, which is the Crown of the Light of Unity – Hadit.
- (Then the scribe knew the narcissus in his heart; but because it came not to his lips, therefore was he shamed and spake no more.)
Narcissus is the egoism of Tiphareth, which in its imperfection (unachieved Oneness with God) is the center that Ruach worships.
- Adonai spake yet again with V.V.V.V.V. and said: The earth is ripe for vintage; let us eat of her grapes, and be drunken thereon.
The whole chapter applies to the element of Earth.
Pleasure in material delights refreshes, nourishes and strengthens the relationship between Adeptus and Adonai. This teaching is opposite to asceticism and other forms of restraint, restriction and “self-control.“
- And V.V.V.V.V. answered and said: O my lord, my dove, my excellent one, how shall this word seem unto the children of men?
Trinity: Lord – Dove – Excellent one. The Man of the Earth has Lord as Master; The Lover conceives God as Excellent one; Dove is the messenger of the Spirit.
The Dove = IVNH (John) – 71 (Lam).
- And He answered him: Not as thou canst see. It is certain that every letter of this cipher hath some value; but who shall determine the value? For it varieth ever, according to the subtlety of Him that made it.
Expansion of awareness and knowledge allows observing the scheme in every particular element. However, both the observation and creation of the scheme, from the ultimate point, are identical. Therefore, the perception of reality is also the creation of a new one.
Anyone who steps on the path of Spirit can conceive this Gnosis differently – dogmatism is rejected as a restriction; V.V.V.V.V. sees all this in his own way, and other initiates, adepts, scholars, and masters perceive these words inherent to their “capacity“ for Understanding.
- And He answered Him: Have I not the key thereof? I am clothed with the body of flesh; I am one with the Eternal and Omnipotent God.
The key is in the letter “Z“ – it connects Binah and Tiphareth. In that is an alchemical wedding between the body of flesh with an Eternal and Omnipotent God.
- Then said Adonai: Thou hast the Head of the Hawk, and thy Phallus is the Phallus of Asar. Thou knowest the white, and thou knowest the black, and thou knowest that these are one. But why seekest thou the knowledge of their equivalence?
One of the conditions for “creating“ the Abyss. Consistency is a dance on the razor.
Head of the Hawk – HOOR; Phallus of Asar – Osiris/Father of Tetragrammaton; he understands the meaning of polarity – and therefore seeks Gnosis and experience of Union.
- And he said: That my Work may be right.
The Work is “proper“ only when the multitude (in which the Man of the Earth resides) brings the perception of duality (the Lover of God) which then blends and becomes the One – Adonai.
- And Adonai said: The strong brown reaper swept his swathe and rejoiced. The wise man counted his muscles, and pondered, and understood not, and was sad. Reap thou, and rejoice!
Angel’s objection on Adept’s desire to understand illusion and to act on it.
May everyone does his Will, may everybody manifest its nature – may all reap what they sow. A wise man does not work, “he“ does not understand the work in the same way as Adept do – therefore he is sad and dwells in Understanding. Still, the work must be carried out as long as Man, as the carrier of Magister’s Spirit, is incarnated in the body – carrier of the soul. The Law of Æon gives the joy of work and not the sorrow of mere Knowledge.
- Then was the Adept glad, and lifted his arm. Lo! an earthquake, and plague, and terror on the earth! A casting down of them that sate in high places; a famine upon the multitude!
The arm – Yod – satisfied Hermit. The multitude of the manifested Kingdom is always brought into a state of change through the transformation of the Earth’s element.
- And the grape fell ripe and rich into his mouth.
The experience of change in life is yet one more of the possible experiences of the Soul.
- Stained is the purple of thy mouth, O brilliant one, with the white glory of the lips of Adonai.
Every act of Adept is a kiss of his Angel – every single event is the relationship of God with his Soul. But that purple is His purple, so sweet purple.
Man and God exist in mutual Love. There is a permanent bond, connection, relationship between “two of them“.
- The foam of the grape is like the storm upon the sea; the ships tremble and shudder; the shipmaster is afraid.
Trinity: every part of the Soul is touched by the impressions of interplay between man and God; the pleasure of Spirit is a storm upon the sea of the “unconscious,” aware concepts of alertness – the ships are trembling; the ego-center, as the governor of a man, is afraid – “he“ is not the real Shipmaster – Magister, who governs and enjoys life as an Adept.
Ships tremble and shudder, Ruach before the clashes of the Abyss, the Endless Ocean. Fear as a projection of Choronzon. But Shipmaster is frightened; he sails along the Ocean in accordance with nature, fear is just the projection of the Adeptus Major, in contrast to the calm and blue waters of Chesed. This fear is not Ego’s fear, Adept is liberated, yet this is a description of nature as everyone sees it below, that is, from Malkuth to Geburah.
- That is thy drunkenness, O holy one, and the winds whirl away the soul of the scribe into the happy haven.
Further pleasures of the Earth lead to happy heaven; Man/Adept is drunk by love for God; whirling winds are the lessons of the wisdom of Gnosis and this letter of LVX.
- O Lord God! let the haven be cast down by the fury of the storm! Let the foam of the grape tincture my soul with Thy light!
The Ego cannot be tamed or killed. He is also a shape of Angel’s seduction. Even more, he is the Angel, as “I” see it. Jumping over your own shadow is impossible. There is no difference between the Ego and the Angel; the Ego is the “difference.“ It is hard to explain, but the nature of Angel and the Angel itself is not the same thing, every mentioning of Him equally creates the Angel and the illusion of the Angel.
Let all existing that is “above“ and all that is “bellow“ be dedicated and delivered to Adonai. May the diversity of colors be reduced to One Light. Duality is also expressed in this testimony – first as heaven and the fury of the storm, then as the soul of man.
- Bacchus grew old, and was Silenus; Pan was ever Pan for ever and ever more throughout the aons.
Yet, earthly pleasures and enjoyments, although temporarily reflecting the thrill of Spirit, are not the purpose or support for real and continuous achievement – a permanent direct experience of Truth. The excitement of senses passes by overstimulating, but the Spirit which pervades All (Pan) is always in the ecstasy of the Light of Nuit – through the Æons in the “existence“ of time and space.
Pan is the entire manifestation of the Universe, the flow of time has no ultimate impact on the wholeness, the Spirit which permeates all elements cannot fade or exhaust; the Gods can be overthrown, but the Spirit of Light is above all.
- Intoxicate the inmost, O my lover, not the outermost!
He addresses himself to devote all existing things to Adonai. One understands himself and through his existence understands the Universe. God is not somewhere in a distant throne, among the clouds of fantasy, God is inside the Man. Deus est Homo.
- So was it— ever the same! I have aimed at the peeled wand of my God, and I have hit; yea, I have hit.
Adonai is the Phallo of Spirit – the Oneness of God and Man. Initially, there is a division, separation and relation of the “two“ co-participants of this LXV mystery, but lastly, even through the Understanding of the Earth, it comes to the realization that this “two“ are inseparable and only One.